Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet and Salty Dreams

Last night, I guess early this morning, I woke up from a nightmare. I'm talking cold sweat, dead bodies, chasing... the works. I lay in bed (probably around 3am) thinking about what type of horrible Frankenstein-esque zombie vampire murder could be hiding in my closet. I was amazed that I did indeed manage to fall asleep to a rather pleasant and hilarious dream. Maybe it was the slight snore from Alex's sweet nose (yeah I said it), or perhaps the fact that subconsciously I was thinking about the pint of chocolate peanut butter ice cream I had purchased the prior night.

Flash to inside my brain circa 5am this morning (by that I mean my dreams, not my cerebral cortex) I'm in an ice parlor, but it's not your average ice cream parlor. When I walk to the register I pass the sundae bar (yes SUNDAE BAR) as I approach the counter, nope not your average ice cream parlor. So anyways at the counter, I sez to the to the ice cream boy (who yes happens to be wearing a paper cap and apron, and maybe just maybe red and white striped something) "One Sundae please!" Now in case you weren't with me excitement wise when I described my current destination, perk your ears for this:So the ice cream boys sez, he sez "this sundae is free!" Yes, that's right, free sundae, at the sundae parlor. Whoot! The Dream couldn't get any better. Next thing I know I'm slopping toppings (rhyme not intentional, then became completely intentional) all over my strawberry, chocolate, and jamocha almond fudge ice cream (isn't it weird how you just know flavors in your dreams). It was the works, cherries, whip cream, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, nuts, fudge, the works I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment