Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Best Time Travel Ever



First off March has been a time travel... a total time travel. I'm talkin' Back to the Future, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure style (sans the delorean... and the phone booth). It was March first, and next thing I know...boom March 31st. Work has been a mad house (not to be confused with a "fun house..."creepy clowns, slides, and stretch mirrors that make you look you are shorter and wider then you are... you get the idea). So anyways it's been extremely busy this month, which explains the pictures of moss graffiti, and the Buddy Holly Montage (quite frankly, there hasn't been time or things to write about). Then this:

On the way to my car, tonight, I had the ultimate March 31st highlight. I heard a jovial chorus as I walked up the street. I couldn't tell if it was coming from a car or house. As I walked around the corner, the music got louder...Billy Joel, is that you and your choir? Ok so, it was "for the longest time..." remember that song (me either, I swear, me either). So flash to the part of the walk when around the corner I approach a group of singing men (oh and by the way they were the ones singing "for the longest time..." just in case that connection was not made). It was a group of three men, now I'm not going to assume they were homeless (but they did have multiple signs begging for money and they were covered in dirt... and stench). Anyways there they were, walking up Belmont singing a perfect acapella trio version of "For the Longest Time" (not to mention the perfect "BUM BUM BUMs" in the bass, and the "oooh eeeh ooohs" in the high...treble?).

That little stint of Billy Joel, made for such a good time travel, that I didn't mind when a man in a mini van almost cut me off on my drive home. I noticed that he was wearing a neck brace, and when he slammed on his breaks pulling out in front of me, not even one single cuss came out of my mouth, all I could say was "Yipes, don't make that mistake again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment